Re: Mystery knotmeter

Nah, don't do that.  That graveyard is full already!
You have some choices:
  1. Find an electronics nerd to help you.
  2. Send it to a repair shop. These don't exist at the end of every block so you have to do some creative thinking to find one.
  3. Decide to buy a GPS and mount it in the cockpit somewhere. Actually this gives you more options than just speed. Unfortunately it more difficult to read from the back of the cockpit. You should fabricate a swing out bracket so it doesn't fall overboard.
  4. Send it to me and I'll have a look at it but there is no guarantee that I'll get it working. I would require both the transducer and the instrument head. So would the repair shop.
If you remove it from the boat then plug the instrument hole with a thin piece of plywood sealed to the bulkhead. I this affects your sailing season wait till winter. If you are one of those lucky guys who can sail year round then I don't want to see till the winter!
--

Kind Regards

SJ23 - http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html

AOSA - http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/