Master and Commander Film

 SJ23 Skipers,

You are no doubt beginning to see the trailers and ads for the November 14, 2003 premier of the Pattrick O'Brien film "Master and Commander" - or the Australian title "The Far Side of the World". This is one of the stories about the character Aubrey/Maturin, who is  played by Russell Crowe, commander of an English Bark in the Napoleonic Wars. It is my understanding that the sailing ship used in the film was the Bsark Europa which our own Hal Mueller (CEO of Mobilegraphics) sailed when he rounded the Horn. Look on the SJ23 Webpage for the links to the Bark Europa and Hal's Webpage as well as the trailers for the movie. The link is on the "Navigate to News Articles" page. I am anxious to see the film because I am a longtime fan of Patrick O'Brien but alsobecause of Hal's connection to the bark and film. What a thrill that must have been rounding the Horn on the Bark Europa!

Chuck and Barbara Vande Wetering

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust the sails."