Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 16:31:52
Subject: Re: Master and Commander Film

Actually the film used the old "HMS Rose", but she was extensively
rerigged/rebuilt. Two of the riggers from the film sailed with me on
Europa last year--that was the film/Europa connection.

The underway long shots were all of the Rose replica (now renamed HMS
Surprise, of course). But there were also two sets built on moving
platforms. According to Paul and Josh, all 3 were very meticulously
period (e.g. not a shackle to be found!). They were most enthusiastic
about the film. This might be one that I go stand in line for the
12:01 am Thursday night early show!

Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/
San Juan 23 Tech Tips: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/index.html