Spider web cracks in gelcoat on hull

This fall when I hauled my boat and was cleaning off the hull I noticed a lot of fine spider web like cracks in the gel coat of the forward hull. They were of a pattern that looked like the hull had been flexing.  The only thing I could think of was that the hull flexed when pounding the waves and over time the gell coat cracked (the hull is at least 25 years old).  What is a good way of fixing this short of grinding off the gel coat and re-coating with epoxy?