January Race, Middle Georgia

Greetings from Middle Georgia,

Our club held it's first race of 2004 on Saturday:  65 degrees, sunny, wind
10 to 15 with gusts up to 20 mph, 8 boats competing.  I was the only SJ on
the course, a triangle of about 2 miles around.  My neighbor who also has
an SJ23 and usually races was under the weather and didn't compete.  I was
single handing using main and 155% genoa, way overpowered.  My rail was in
the water many times and rounded up often.  It was not one of my better
days.  I usually finish in the top half of the fleet.  This time I finished
in the bottom half.  In hind sight, I should have put up the small jib.  I
would have enjoyed the day much better and probably would have finished higher.

Check the club out at www.osyc.net .

Jimmy Harrell
SJ 23 and other boats
Lake Sinclair, GA