Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: SJ23 - where to mount the VHF.

I bolted ours inside the cabin, to the lip under the starboard side where the fifth 'berth' normaly is.  I pulled the cushion from there completely and use it as secure stowage for stuff I don't want wet .  The 'lip' means no holes to be 'sealed because of danger of water penetration -  alos very short wire runs to fuse panel/battery on starboard side.  Also, so far a short cable run to antenna mounted on stern rail.

Mike R

Obi Juan
Charlotte, BC  (snowing like crazy outside - this can't me NC)  <grin>