From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chuck Vande Wetering
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 9:16 AM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rudder blade/prop damage

Rudy,

I have chewed mine up several times and repaired it. Here in the islands a popup rudder is a real asset.  Not being attached to a spring gudgeon would be a rreal problem for me. I have managed to get on the rocks or a reef several times while fishing and sailing near shore but  was able to pop the rudder off and push off far enough to start the outboard. I still have the original rudder albeit a little ugly and probably needs smoothing and feathering to be competitive. But the sails and skipper are both old and stretched so what's the use! I am a cruiser anyway.

Chuck and Barbara Vande Wetering

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust the sails."