Date: Sunday, March 28, 2004 20:54:26
Subject: SJ23 - Replace lift cable

This question is directed to those people who have replaced their
centreboard lift cable while the boat is floating. It is just about time
to replace mine and I have to consider my options. I have always thought
that the cable stayed inside the centreboard trunk while the board is
down, but I'm not sure. Hence the following questions.

Q1 - Is it possible (by diving under the boat) to access the small clip
that attaches to the centreboard while the boat is floating? -
Q2 - If the clip is below the hull (outside the trunk), how far from the
hull is it? -
Q3 - Which tools did you use while underwater? -

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/