Re: SJ23 - Replace lift cable

GUYS
CHANGING THE CABLE IS A PIECE OF CAKE. GET THE BOAT ON A LIFT , DROP THE BOARD ALL THE WAY DOWN AND THE CABLE CLIP SHOULD BE EXPOSED. I CHANGED MY CABLE ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO AND IT TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR. ITS ONE OF THOSE THING YOU SHOULD PROBABLY DO BEFORE YOU HAVE TO. DIVING TO DO IT IS POSSIBLE, BUT I WOULD MUCH MUCH RATHER DO IT ON DRY LAND.
CARL

Bob Schimmel wrote:

Hi guys:

I find it interesting to note that one person claims the clip is exposed with the board down and all the others claim that it is still inside the trunk.
This makes me wonder if there is another revision change the the hull as Chuck suggests. My cable is not that bad that I have to replace it right now. I'm simply checking my options. I also have other things to do that fill my time.
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'm diving under the hull this summer. Thank God I don't have gaiters to contend with, just slough sharks here!