week and trashed all the controls so I need to
determine whether it is worth repairing. It did bring
up question #1.

#1: Has anyone tried installing oars on a SJ23? I've
seen it done on similar boats and would be interested
in everyone's opinion. Usually it is either a single
long oar aft or a pair that can be operated from the
cockpit while straddling the tiller. What are
everyone's thoughts?

#2: Before being damaged, our motor chewed up the
rudder pretty good before we realized the two could
meet  :) Combining my need to repair that with the
difficulties we've had keeping the rudder fully down I
was considering just replacing the rudder with
something with less buoyancy. I'm sure there has to be
a catch though...

Thanks,
DJ & Jamie
Amarillo
Daytona Beach, FL

=====
David J. Nestrick, MBA, CFP
FirsTrust Private Wealth Management Group
(352)753-8589