From: Maureen Larson [mailto:mlarsonassoc@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 12:27 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SJ 23 engine-related questions

I carry some old oars and have had to use them twice to come in to dock
when my OB quit.  We just used canoe paddling techniques and fluttered
the rudder to direct the boat..

I've always had a px with the motor hitting the rudder when I am trying
to make a tight turn to back out of my slip.. I tried putting on the
rudder later but is too hard to install on the bottom bracket underwater
in regular seas due to its buoyancy. What do other skippers do?

My two cent worth,

Maureen
Sass.sea.babe