Re: gennaker info wanted

Hi Betsy:

I have a gennaker and it pulls the boat like a team of horses. It is useful up to where the wind is fully abeam and maybe a bit further, but not much further. It has been a while since I set it so the memory is a bit foggy here.
I find that it is too much sail for me to set solo so I bought a spinnaker sock. This makes the job a lot easier but I am still hesitant to set it solo it all but the lightest of winds. What I need is a competent crew so I can practice setting and dousing it. But that is another story.

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx