From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hal Mueller
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 7:43 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: forward: Newbie Dave just got a San Juan 23

(message from DB27513@xxxxxxxxx fell through the cracks while I was
upgrading the mobilegeographics.com server hardware)

hi all - am new to the list.  Just got my SJ23 2 days ago. Plans are to
put in a slip in New Bern NC. Presently am overwhelmed with the
complexities of what I purchased!!  Am a hands on kind of guy, and will
learn, but right now.. whew!

2 Questions if you all might know about: (actually 3)

1)Positive floatation: havnt seen this discussed anwhere - just how
quickly boat will sink!!  Appears from all my snooping in the boat it
has none. How would I estimate how much to add to achieve this?

2)Water tank is origonal (I think) metal version under cockpit floor.
Want to put new one in bow (heard sails better) & fill under cockpit
space with foam.  Old one is glued to floor - do I just use a pry bar
to break glue seal (after removing connections?)

3) Is this list (and archives) searchable?

thanks in advance!

San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:
San Juan 23 Tech Tips: