Date: Saturday, December 11, 2004 11:25:47
Subject: Fwd: Re: forward: Newbie Dave just got a San Juan 23

thanks to all about the comments on SJ23 positive flotation. I think
Im learning that it would be a pretty difficult project (& not sure how
many wind bottle bags it would take!), and that to most, it doesnt seem
to be much of a concern (tho kids on board complicate things). BTW, Im
not so much worried about going turtle - more about striking a
submerged floating object & punching a hole in hull (friend in raleigh
sail & power squadon just did run into something in the Nuese River -
no hole though).

More importantly, I got the boat to Duck Creek Marina, up on stands,
bottom being painted, and (if all goes well) in the water b4 chistmas
for our maiden voyage. Will keep posted

Note: forwarded message attached.