newbie daves got another question

Hey all - question - Ive been all over Bob Schimmels Tech Tips, and one
minor detail I havnt seem to be able to find, is the exact location of
the centerboard hoist cable. My boat came with a new stainless steel
centerboard, and the cable has not been attached. When the board is
down, can you see point where the cable is attached?  Guy at marina
suggested best way to do this is to weld a loop on edge of CB (as
opposed to drilling hole). Anyone with experience on this?

THanks in advance

Dave in NC