Re: newbie daves got another question

Hi Dave:

If you take close look at picture #4 in Tech Tip B01 (http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/b_hull_tips/b01.html), you will see a small eyelet along the back of the blade, at the same end as the centre board hole. This is where the lift cable attaches to. As to whether or not the eyelet is exposed when the board is down, the answer is I don't know. Several people report that they can and others claim they can't. I was supposed to dive down to mine this past summer to confirm this but forgot. Maybe somebody on this distribution list can shed some light on it.

I know you can definitely access it if you remove the board from the keel. This involves either hoisting the boat with a crane or jacking the boat up as I've described in Tech Tip B01.

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx