Re: Access hatch under seat, George Farland

Hi George

I cut two large access doors on the starboard side and one on the port side & another one under the V berth. I cut out the openings so that a small basket (14 x24 x10) can fit in, then I used the cutouts as removable doors. It gave me a lot of extra storage. Jimmy is probably right about water in the boat part, but its a small price to pay for not living with all that stuff in the cabin & getting it out without taking the cushions off. I also cut out the starboard storage compartment in the cockpit and but L shaped brackets on so that inner tray can be put back in it gave me a great sail locker on the quarter berth.

Ron Katz

Macon Ga.