SJ23 - Replace lift cable

This question is directed to those people who have replaced their centreboard lift cable while the boat is floating. It is just about time to replace mine and I have to consider my options. I have always thought that the cable stayed inside the centreboard trunk while the board is down, but I'm not sure. Hence the following questions.

Q1 - Is it possible (by diving under the boat) to access the small clip that attaches to the centreboard while the boat is floating? - Q2 - If the clip is below the hull (outside the trunk), how far from the hull is it? -
Q3 - Which tools did you use while underwater? -

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx