Re: Bimini Construction Details

The admiral reviewed the article below and suggested changes. Those changes have been made and it is now easier to read and at least some of the grammatical and spelling errors have been corrected. Take a look again if you had trouble with the original post.

A fine woman, that admiral is. She will even go sailing with me sometimes. However, she doesn't like it unless the wind is at least 5 mph. A few years ago, early in her sailing experiences, we were in a distance race. The wind built to 15 to 20 mph and we had the main and genoa up. The boat was healing a good bit especially in the gusts and to make her more comfortable (my thinking), I decided to lower the genny and just use the main. She didn't know much about the technicalities of sailing but observed that the boat behind was catching us. She inquired as to why. I explained that I lowered to genny to make it more comfortable for her and that was why we were going slower. She informed me that she was doing just fine and gave the order to raise that big sail because she didn't like to loose. We finished in the middle of the pack.

Sometimes I digress,
Jimmy