Re: A couple newbie questions about my San Juan

DJ,

Congratulations on buying a great boat!

RE: starting the outboard:
A little spray starting fluid goes a long way on a crankless day, when
sprayed under the outboard cover of my Honda 7.5.

RE: Jib sheets:
I don't know that all San Juan 23s were equipped this way, but mine has
genoa track and slides just forward of the jib winches. (like those
available on page 1040 in the current West Marine Catalog)

Single blocks with a stand-up springs are attached with stainless shackles
to the slider.

The combination allows you to keep the sheet attachment point just inboard
of the lifeline by 6"-8" and provides about 15" to 18 " of useable fore/aft
travel to adjust for jib/jenny.

The stand-up springs keep the blocks off the deck and less under foot at
other times.

I wish you well. These are great little boats. Next year I'll celebrate 20
years with mine!

D.
D. Wendal Attig
America's Brand Positioning Coach