RE: A couple newbie questions about my San Juan

On 2 stroke motors never overlook bad/old gas/ and in
northern climates winter formulation in summer/or the
opposite. fresh gas/new plug/tight lines and you have
solved most 2 cycle problems.  I had a problem with a
new 'too low' gas compartment too.   phalenbeck
--- "Mayer, Rudy" <RMayer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DJ,
> On the motor...
> cracks, holes, poorly tightened clamps, etc can all
> contribute to fuel starvation. Your bulb may have
> some issues.
> Also, make sure the vent is open on the fuel tank.
> I'd replace the spark plug as well...my 1986 Tohatsu
> 8 wanted to shut down early after putting in choke
> too. Then I replaced the plug and it has never done
> it since.
>
> My boat has two sets of tracks for jib leads...one
> along the side of the cabin (I use this for the 130
> and the working jib)and one on the coaming top that
> I use for the genoa. In really light wind going
> downwind, I clip a block to the toe rail and run
> another set of sheets to a whisker poled genoa.
> Sounds like you need some rails...check the tech
> tips...Bob has one about installing rails and it is
> very helpful, even tells you how to locate them.
>
> Good luck
> Rudy

=== message truncated ===

=====
"In the councils of government, we must gaurd against the acquusition of unwanted influance, whether sought or unsought, by the Military-Industrial complex.                   --                                          Peacenik Dwight Eisenhower                                           --                                          Fairwell Adress, Jan 17, 1961                                                                ----------Let's not forget--Saddam and Iraq has nothing to do with Sept. 11------