RE: A couple newbie questions about my San Juan

Check to make sure the fuel line is not kinked where it exits the boat to
the motor.  This happened to me and once I replaced the fuel line, all went
well.  You might check the filter in the fuel pump on the engine as well.
Jim

             Paul Halenbeck
             <phalenbeck@yahoo
             Sent by:                  sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             owner-sanjuan23@m                                          cc
             obilegeographics.
             com                                                   Subject
                                       RE: A couple newbie questions about
                                       my San Juan
             05/05/2004 01:57
             PM

             Please respond to
             sanjuan23@mobileg
              eographics.com

On 2 stroke motors never overlook bad/old gas/ and in
northern climates winter formulation in summer/or the
opposite. fresh gas/new plug/tight lines and you have
solved most 2 cycle problems.  I had a problem with a
new 'too low' gas compartment too.   phalenbeck
--- "Mayer, Rudy" <RMayer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DJ,
> On the motor...
> cracks, holes, poorly tightened clamps, etc can all
> contribute to fuel starvation. Your bulb may have
> some issues.
> Also, make sure the vent is open on the fuel tank.
> I'd replace the spark plug as well...my 1986 Tohatsu
> 8 wanted to shut down early after putting in choke
> too. Then I replaced the plug and it has never done
> it since.
>
> My boat has two sets of tracks for jib leads...one
> along the side of the cabin (I use this for the 130
> and the working jib)and one on the coaming top that
> I use for the genoa. In really light wind going
> downwind, I clip a block to the toe rail and run
> another set of sheets to a whisker poled genoa.
> Sounds like you need some rails...check the tech
> tips...Bob has one about installing rails and it is
> very helpful, even tells you how to locate them.
>
> Good luck
> Rudy

=== message truncated ===

=====
"In the councils of government, we must gaurd against the acquusition of
unwanted influance, whether sought or unsought, by the Military-Industrial
complex.                   --
Peacenik Dwight Eisenhower                                           --
Fairwell Adress, Jan 17, 1961
----------Let's not forget--Saddam and Iraq has nothing to do with Sept.
11------