Fw: centerboard question

-------Original Message-------

Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 09:13:08
Subject: centerboard question

Chuck,

I think that my company has blocked all incoming and outgoing mail to the mobilegraphics system. I have been trying to get some answers regarding the centerboard. Could you please post the message below to the mail list for me?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi all. I have just gone through the process of making a new centerboard, and I have a big question. How does the lift cable attach to the board? It looks in the pictures like it is a piece of hardware mounted on the 3/8" side of the board. The one I removed had a hole drilled through the board through which a pin was placed to hold the hardware that was used. This is not working! The pin is just a bit too long (wide) to fit all the way up into the slot and the board winds up stuck in the halfway position! I am extremely frustrated, not to mention missing some great sailing days recently. Has anyone gone through the process of making a new board, or does anyone know the correct way to do this?

Thanks,

Eric
.