Re: Pets on board

I've tried, without success, to get my dogs to use a designated piece of "astroturf" which we sprayed with the "go here" spray. I know other people succeed with that.

When we are underway, dogs wear lifejackets--ironclad rule. I once read an account of a dog, with harness, falling into the water, and hyperinflating her lungs to stay afloat. That meant there was no way to get a boathook between harness and dog, and a human ended up having to enter the water to save her. Lifejackets for dogs have good grab loops, and are also brightly colored.

Much easier to get dog in and out of inflatable dinghy than hard dinghy.