Re: forward: Newbie Dave just got a San Juan 23

Thanks for the comments Bob.  How does one calculate 200lbs of
flotation? I been looking over the space underneath the cockpit floor
(plan to move existing water tank I think) and its probably 5x3x1.5
(guess). If I filled that with foam, milk jugs, whatever, am I close?
Also have about 900lbs of keel to worry about....

Im surprised this is not a much discussed issue.. or am I being too
cautious?

Gene Adams says been sailing 60 years, and has not been a problem  ;-)