Re: Butane fuel canister availability

I have a stove similar to Bob's and I buy my fuel at the local Asian grocery store where I bought the stove,  The stoves seem to be readily available in Asian grocery stores apparently most home stoves don't get hot enough for woks to work properly.I hope this helps. The local hardware store (not home improvement warehouse) in my neighborhood also sells the fuel. By the way I am im Raleigh, NC

Drew Smith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 7:14 PM
Subject: Butane fuel canister availability

Good Day All:

A new SJ23 owner who sails his boat on Lake Sinclair GA, was browsing through the Tech Tips and discovered Tech Tip C17 - Portable Butane Stove for an SJ23,  http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/c_cabin_tips/c17.html.  He thought this would be perfect for occasional tea or coffee onboard his boat.

I know the availability of the fuel canisters in Canada but his question is, "Which stores sell the fuel canisters in the US, particularly in deepest darkest Georgia?"  I will summarize the replies in the Tech Tip.

PS: The owner needs a speedy answer on this question as he is currently across the pond, salivating over a "hot deal" on a new stove.
--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx