Re: Butane fuel canister availability

With regards to stoves, I picked up the Origo Heatpal alchohol stove
(~$100) for my SJ23.  its about 5k btu, and while designed as a heater,
you can pop the protective top off, and put a tea kettle on it to heat
water. Works very well.  The fuel "tank" is a big cotton sponge, so
theoretically you can run it in mild conditions while under way (havnt
done this yet).  My only issue with it is that Origo sells the special
soot free denatured alchohol at West Marine (and Walmart) for $16/gal,
which is REALLY pricey I think, considerit burns faster than what the
company suggests..  anyone have suggestions for an alternative source
for plain old denatured alchohol?

Dave Backus
SJ23 #362