Re: Jib attachment question

Hi Eric:

If you look at the pictures in Tech Tip B12, http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/b_hull_tips/b12.html, it shows where the jib tack is attached on the deck. While this boat is not rigged at the time of the pictures, pretend that the nylon line shown is the forestay.  There are two ways the jib can be attached to the deck:
  1. Hooked around one of the tack horns.
  2. Hooked to a clevis that is attached to the hole between the tack horns.
I like 2 because the jib cannot come off.  Hope this answers your question.
PS: If you want a picture of the assembly email me directly and I'll see what I can do.  Pictures cannot be sent over the SJ23 distribution.
--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx