Re: Jib attachment question

Yep, you got it. So you really use just a line to atach the jib to the
T?  I can see how the "extension" would give more visibility.  When I
hoisted and sailed the jib for the first time the bottom of the jib
(dont know correct sailing term) was flat on deck, and the top was not
at the top of the mast..  had about a foot or so to go..

I just thought all sheets were attached to sails via some kind of
shackle for durability (bare with me - learning here  ;-)

http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=2091383&IID=66577165&INUM=20&ICT=80&IPP=24