Re: Cushions

Hi Warren:

Actually I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to certain jobs on the boat. The foam was the most expensive part, which I bought on sale around $200.00 Can. The fabric was also on sale at a local wholesale fabric shop, around $75.00 I recycled the zippers from the old cushions. It was my part of the labour component of the job. The rest of the labour came from my mother who owed me a favour. To tell you the truth, I'm still paying for the favour. Some things never change.

I know that if I had the cushions made professionally I would have easily paid $1000.00 But I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine so I would have done that part of the job myself. Sewing isn't that difficult to do. Cushions are only straight lines. Use thread the same colour as the fabric and most of it disappears. Practice setting the thread tension on some scrap cloth. Good Luck.

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx