RE: Traveler repair

Loosen up your wattet and purchase a Harken traveler system.  I did so several years ago when the original traveler clam cleat weakened and I have never been happier.  I don't remember the exact number of the Harken system, but the I track was the exact length of the original and the holes in it matched the holes from the original track also...no drilling! Put a strip of teak below the new track a little wider than the track about 3/8" thick.  This will allow the car to travel freely on the track (it rubbed without it).  I used marine bond (silicone) as my sealant and used longer fasteners.  The Harken system is such an improvement you'll be happy you made the investment.

J. Woods
School Business #545