Re: Traveler repair

I have a mid boom traveler on my San Juan 34, and have no trouble single handing that boat. Yes, you would have to move blocks to the mid boom,but with such a small main it is no problem. You use a fiddle bock with a cam cleat on the traveler car and you can sheet from the tiller. I can sheet from the wheel in up to about twenty five knots of wind, with no problem.
Gene Adams
----- Original Message -----
From: Rudy Mayer
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:48 PM
Subject: RE: Traveler repair

Gene,

Seems to me this would make single handling a bit awkward, wouldn’t it? And wouldn’t I have to go to mid-boom sheeting as well?

Bob,

What did you use for spacers and how far apart did you put them because I think that is what I am going to do if I have to replace the track since I would have to raise it if I went with the Harken style instead of the existing I-beam type.

This has been a great help…appreciate everyone’s input!

Rudy