There are several problems with a traveller mounted on the transom.|
- The sheet sweeps across the cockpit and takes off the head of
anyone standing in the cockpit.
- Your coffee or beer will go overboard if you can manage to stay
in the cockpit after being yanked by the mainsheet.
- It is very annoying to adjust the mainsheet looking back for a
sail that is behind you. I had a boat that required this and I could
never manage to keep her on course while adjusting the sheet. Also it
was difficult to tweak the sheet to set the main just right.
- Your existing sheet is too short. It will have to be replaced by
a much longer one.
- OK that should be enough.
(Always stay curious)