Re: Traveler repair

There are several problems with a traveller mounted on the transom.
  1. The sheet sweeps across the cockpit and takes off the head of anyone standing in the cockpit.
  2. Your coffee or beer will go overboard if you can manage to stay in the cockpit after being yanked by the mainsheet.
  3. It is very annoying to adjust the mainsheet looking back for a sail that is behind you. I had a boat that required this and I could never manage to keep her on course while adjusting the sheet. Also it was difficult to tweak the sheet to set the main just right.
  4. Your existing sheet is too short. It will have to be replaced by a much longer one.
  5. OK that should be enough.
--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx