Re: Roller Furling

I always wanted a furling jenny on my SJ23, but it took moving "up"
to a MacGregor 26 for me to realize the dream.  The Mac is a
fractional rig, so its forestay is probably near the same length as the
one on the SJ23 (or maybe even a little shorter) and the same
hardware would probably work.  CDI has a website--I think it's
sailcdi.com--with a reasonable explanation of the hardware and
PDF copies of the instruction manuals.  The specs will let you know
which model(s) will work on the SJ23 if you know your forestay
length.

Gedonk came with a CDI Model FF2 that works like a charm.
Larger rigs have a much more complicated hoisting arrangement
than the CDI, which uses a dedicated internal halyard.  Just be
careful to lash the furled sail to the mast (rather than the
stanchions) while trailering, because the upper end of the PVC foil
will take on a set that is a nuisance to get rid of.  (Sound like the
voice of experience?)

Jack