Re: Motor Mount Replacement

Frank May, the former owner of our boat put a hydraulic assist on ours. He bolted a galvanized plate to the original holes with pre drilled holes for the motor mount. Works like a damn. I did beef up the transom cause a 9.9 yamaha with electric start weighs more than the original 2 strokes that the mount was designed for.

rob #332  Annie
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:36 PM
Subject: Motor Mount Replacement

I need to upgrade from the original motor mount to a spring-assist due to now having a new 8-HP Nissan 4-stroke.

The problem is all the spring-assist brackets are larger than the center-to-center dimensions of the bolts of the old bracket. In fact, they would be outside the edge of the raised fiberglass mounting pod. What needs to be done, as the motor is too heave for my 66 year muscles to hoist up?

J. Carl Miller