Re: Mooring out question

Hi David:

Panache has been on a mooring now since the day I owned her, 10 years ago, and at a marina at the far end of the lake for another 10 years. Think of it as a Fiberglas tub with no holes.  How can intact fibreglass possibly leak? The only time anything serious happened was through my error, NOT the design of the boat. So concern yourself with all the holes drilled through the fibreglass.  Here is the list:
  1. rudder pintles.
  2. through hull fittings.
  3. anchor locker drain hole.
  4. trailer eye.
  5. the centre board mounting bolt holes (unlikely since they bottom out in fibreglass).
  6. knot meter sensor.
Thoroughly check these BEFORE launch time. The Tech Tips cover all these issues. If they are OK then any other water in the hull has to come from rain leaking through the deck or from the water tank. Do your work prior to launch time and sleep easy.

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx