From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Cruickshank
Sent:
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:22 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SJ23 Tech Tip B09

I need to reinstall the pintle mounting hardware on my rudder.  The sleeves that were removed were made of small sections of pipe that had corroded.  It was suggested at the local marina that I replace the old sleeves with some brass sleeves.  The tech tip pages (see below) suggest epoxy compression sleeves.

Umm, what are epoxy compression sleeves?

“NOTE - If you have a fixed rudder, install epoxy compression sleeves around the pintle mounting hardware to prevent crushing the shells. This will prevent water leaks into the foam core and add form strength to the rudder”

Thanks,

Alex Cruickshank

Klamath Falls, Oregon