Re: Mooring out question

We leave ours moored from the beginning of April till the end of October. If she sinks we just have to raise her or the insurance company will be dealing with a navigation Hazard.

Rob, #332
----- Original Message ----- From: "DJ Nestrick" <djnestrick@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:40 AM
Subject: Mooring out question

I plan on leaving my SJ-23 moored out for most of the
summer. My concern: what happens if she somehow starts
taking on water? This could be from any source.

I thought about putting in some automatic bilge pumps
but realized they would help for about 30 minutes
before killing the battery.

Then I mulled over the whole positive flotation idea
thats been discussed in this forum before. Seems like
a lot of work for something that may or may not work.

What does everyone else do when leaving their boats
moored out for a few days/weeks? Or am I worrying too
much over a $4000 boat?  :)

DJ Nestrick
Amarillo - SJ23
Daytona Beach, FL

David J. Nestrick, MBA, CFP
FirsTrust Private Wealth Management Group
(352)753-8589