Re: halyard lines

David,

I went through the same process last year when I first
purchased Amarillo. I was going to do all this
research and find the cheapest place.... Then my wife
decided our halyards needed to be certain colors so
everything was "pretty"  :)  I think she was also
looking for color-coding so it was easy to remember
which line went to where as well but the "pretty"
comment is what I remember most.

I ended up just going down to the local marine surplus
store with her and looking around. I think it's 3/8",
low stretch (and very pretty!). Each halyard was $25.
You will certainly pay more at West Marine. And,
unless you are doing some serious racing, just about
any low-stretch line will work, especially if you are
conscientious about inspecting the running rigging
regularly.

DJ Nestrick
Daytona Beach, FL
SJ-23 Amarillo

--- "DB27513 (David)" <db27513@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone shorten my research?  I need to replace
> the main halyard on
> my  SJ23.  Looking at the selection of lines on West
> Marine is mind
> boggling. Does anyone know what the standard
> diameter, kind, and length
> is needed for the main haylard?  Whats a good
> price/foot?  Any online
> places to get it cheap?
>
> Thanks much
> David Backus
>
> ?The difference between an ordeal and an adventure
> is attitude??
>
> Archives:
> http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/
> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
> mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=help

David J. Nestrick, MBA, CFP
FirsTrust Private Wealth Management Group
(352)753-8589

Yahoo! Mail