Re: halyard lines

I have had better luck with Samson ropes from Defender than with
New England ropes from West Marine.  Defender's rigging shop
does good work and responds as quickly as the West Marine shop
does, and they do so at a substantially lower price for both the
cordage and the splice.  Defender also offers wire-rope halyards in
their catalog.

But if all other things were equal, I would probably get my
replacement halyards from Gene Adams.  That way, I would know I
was getting the right part.