From: owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DB27513 (David)
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 2:08 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: try another one

To all that responded about the halyard lines - thanks!  Very useful info.
Thought I might try another one:

Ive got a handheld compass that has a 'tube like' handle.  A sleeve is
included with screws to mount it, so you can slide it into the sleeve, and
take it out again.  My SJ23 has a million drilled holes on the inside and
outside already, and I dont want to make any more.  So in mounting this
sleeve to the outside wall of the cuddy, what would be the best compound,
knowing that I might want to move the mount if there is too much magnetic
interference.  So it needs to hold, but be removable with scarring. I have
marine silicon, 5200, Silkaflex 291. Is there another?

Also, once open, will a large tube of 5200 or silkaflex keep?

David Backus

"The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude."