Date: Sunday, June 12, 2005 05:20:07
Subject: a newbie question

Hey all,
First, I am NOT the sailor in our family- more the "bikini clad 'hood'
ornament, "but
have a question about operating the boat.

We were enjoying a fabulous Thai supper last night with some sailing
buddies and
got to yakking about boats of course. We seen to have problems keeping
our SJ23,
"FlitterMouse" (cute little bat; we are cavers too) going where WE want
it to go when
it's really windy or white capping on the lake. Do y'all have the same
problem?

It doesn't matter if the sails are up or down, we have a hard time
controlling her when
it's really windy and wondered if the problem is:

A) the keel too small or configured in such a way to create this issue
B) the tiller is too small or again, configured in a way that causes this
C) the relatively high profile, but short length of the SJ23
D) total goober operator error

I'd appreciate any advice or problem solving from the more experienced
on the listgroup!

Thanks & Good sailing!
Donna

Archives: http://www.mobilegeographics.com/sanjuan23/