Re: a newbie question

I couple other suggestions from my wife.

1. Make sure your outboard is deep enough in the water
to generate some power. Even with a long-shaft we slow
way down if someone is being a "hood ornament" up on
the bow, raising the o/b.

2. With sails up it could be so many things,
especially if you are inexperienced. If you can
elaborate on the problems I'm sure someone could help.
Even better, find one of your experienced sailor
friends to join you for an afternoon - you will learn
alot with someone else looking over your setup and how
you sail.

DJ Nestrick
SJ23 - Amarillo
Daytona Beach, FL