    *From:* owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:owner-sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Bob
    Schimmel
    *Sent:* Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:59 AM
    *To:* sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *Subject:* Re: SJ23 Jib

    Get a 150% for fluky winds.  A 135% works well for consistent
    winds especially for short handed.

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Carl Miller wrote:

    Here is my situation. Bought the boat and sent the jib for
    cleaning and conversion to my new CDI furling system. Came back
    clean and the conversion was fantastic. Problem is it is a 90%
    working jib. My own d..n fault..... really stupid.
What to do? Buy a used 110 or 150 and convert this winter?
    Probably, but which one? I sail on an inland lake with fluky wind
    most of the time and am not afraid of using a lot of sail.
    Suggestions please.
Now, anyone have a used sail or one converted in "good" shape? J. Carl Miller
    Email: questgrp@xxxxxxx <mailto:questgrp@xxxxxxx>
    Work: carl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:carl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Carl,

Just returned home to your emails. Bob and I had a good discussion about the merits of a 135 versus a 150 last night over campfire beers. Without question, a 135 is a much more versatile sail. It keeps you at optimum speed/trim in a much broader range of wind conditions.

Doug Murray