[Fwd: oil spill on Wabamun Lake]

San Juan 23 Skippers,

Take a look at the mess Bob Schimmell is dealing with on Lake Wabumon in Canada.

Chuck Vande Wetering
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Chuck:

CN, one of two national Canadian railroads, had a derailment adjacent to Wabamun lake 2 weeks ago. Right next to where I moor Panache. Fortunately I moved her before the bunker C oil got to the hull. Ever since then I've been working to co-ordinate a speedy exit of the remaining boats on the lake. Not a small job. You can look at the pictures on the AOSA web site. http://www.geocities.com/alta_sailing/news/news.htm#index Start with oil_spill_1 and work your way through to the end.

--

Kind Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- End Message ---