From: sanjuan23-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sanjuan23-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Theo
Riethmuller
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:26 PM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Spinnaker blocks

Hello

I live in Brisbane Australia and own a Fleetwing 25, which is a San Juan
23 with a tapered stern of 2 foot manufactured in New Zealand after the
SJ23 stopped production.  Exactly the same boat, but powered by an
outboard in a centre well in the cockpit!

My question is whether I can put spinnaker blocks attached through the
slots in toe rail aft of the jib sheet winches in the cockpit. Some
people have suggested to me that the loads put on the toe rail from the
spinnaker in full flight could rip the toe rail out!

Could this be true or is the toe rail able to stand the force.   If not,
what spinnaker sheet set-up do other people use.

Thanks

Theo Riethmuller
Regional Infrastructure
The Coordinator-General