From: "Nancy" <npike@xxxxxxx>
To: <sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Needed: cables and fittings
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:58:09 -0600

My friend and I are the new (and I might add proud) owners of an SJ23 1977
model. The only way we obtained this jewel was by pulling her off a sand bar at the State park here in Pensacola, Florida. Unfortunately, there were many items stripped off and some that have to be replaced. I am hoping I can find
someone who can help me obtain a Forestay. I have talked with some local
marine dealers re: new cable, but find they have to send any sets up to some
place in New York to have the turnbuckles applied. I also do not have the
measurements of the stays or at least cannot locate them on the SJ23 web
site. Any and all help welcomed and thanks to all out there who continue to
own this exciting boat. PS: I also need to find the sheaths for the main and jib cables as they have to also be replaced. Friend is thinking of using the
rollers off sliding glass doors which have bearings inside the center metal
portion. Any ideas if this is safe?