Re: Re: TEAK/WOOD/TREX cockpit grate?

Thanks Bob- I think I can do the Trex material pretty inexpensively, and have been wanting to invest in a table saw for some time now.

I've not worked with the Trex before but have heard people rave about how great it is as a deck material. A friend of mine swears by it. I did find a sailing website last winter- can't remember where, in which someone replaced their sailboats' teak deck with Trex- so I can't take credit for an original idea- just different application of their idea.

I looked at their website and they have basically three colors- a light wood tone, darker one (they call Brasilia) and another that is kind of a matte gray color.

I'll ask my friend that know more about it if it is slippery underfoot. I'll keep you posted- but it make take a few months before it finally unfolds. For now I am going to use a material like yours in light gray as an interim measure.

Love the tech tips website- THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Rick Bensyl