Hello from "Broken Rudder" Georgia

Tab Shelton here. The ol' 1980 (sail #483) broke free during heavy winds last year.

The only damage to speak of was a cracked rudder (almost in two).

I would like to hear everyone's advice on repair/replacement. Including consideration of a "kick up" type rudder. I believe the late great Bob Clark was using this type on the 23s in later years.

Thanks,

Tab