Re: Re: replacing the companionway drop boards

Has anyone thought about using "Starboard" material for the doors? It is not transparent, but about half the cost of Lexan. I don't want people to see into my boat when its at the marina (for theft prevention).

The starboard can be easily cut with wood tools/saws. The only thing I am not sure about is that it is slightly more flexible than Lexan.

I can buy a piece of it big enough to do the job for around $70. The coated Lexan MR10 would be about $140-150.

Thanks!
Rick Bensyl